2010-10-04

ギターウルフ


"There’s a wallet on my ass, with a, Rock ‘n’ Roll License!!!" -Seiji: Guitar Wolf

Guitar Wolf is a Japanese garage punk power trio founded in Nagasaki, Nagasaki in 1987. The band is known for songs with piercing vocals and an extremely loud style of noise-influenced punk which emphasizes heavy distortion and feedback. They coined the phrase "jet rock 'n' roll", which they also use to describe their musical style — an energetic cross between the Ramones, rockabilly, 77 punk, and garage rock.

I had the privilege of meeting up with the Wolves last night after their sold out show in Los Angeles at the El Rey Theater. It was amazing to talk with them about their experiences on the road for this last leg of the tour in the US finally wrapping up the next night in San Francisco. I've been listening to Guitar Wolf for years now and had made some posters of them. They loved the art and were excited to see all of the details; especially on their tattoos.




I wanted to give them all their own individual logos as well because each of them have distinct songs that they really stand out on.
Seiji (Guitar Wolf) has the Machine-gun Guitar (マシンガンギター)
U.G. (Bass Wolf) is the vocalist on the song Jet13 (ジェット13)
Toru (Drum Wolf) is the Tokyo Zombie (東京ゾンビ)

Enjoy!


"Rock 'n Roll is NOT over, baby! Rock 'n Roll NEVER DIES!"

2 comments:

savagebeat said...

Great stuff! I just recieved my belated Father's Day gift from my wife & son last night. Imagine my surprise when I found it was a copy of this Guitar Wolf set you had done. They were hanging up at a coffee shop here in town. I had seen them here on your blog first. Love them.

JRR Design said...

NO WAY!! That is too cool.. I met Seiji, Toro and U.G. up here in LA a few weeks ago and gave them copys as well. Now you and Guitar Wolf themselves are the only ones who own them. I am so honored and happy that they found a good home. Enjoy!